Dot and Mae know it’s hot and that’s not the best time to be baking,but sometimes you just have a craving and you have to do it!
Today Dot and Mae (and everyone else) was craving PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES! So they decided to make a batch. Luckily, Dot and Mae have air-conditioning. If they didn’t, they would probably have just waited a little while to make them, like until, oh say, SEPTEMBER!
Here is the recipe that Dot and Mae used (note that the dough needs to be refrigerated for at least 3 hours before you bake them):
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Cream the butter for 2 minutes. Add the sugars, cream for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the sugar butter mixture.
2. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.
These ones are setting out to cool . . .
Gabby has to test them to make sure they’re good . . . YES, she approves!